Below is information for our Chicago and Prospect Heights locations. For information about our Vernon Hills and Northwestern University Locations, please contact them directly through their websites, here.
1) If you would like to become a member of our Aikido, Youth Aikido, or Mugai Ryu programs now, please make an appointment to come in, view the classes that interest you, and meet with our staff (a parent or guardian should accompany children interested in our Youth Aikido program). You may sign up and begin your training at any time. Book a visit now.
2) If you would like to try practicing with us before committing to membership, you may purchase a 4-Class Introductory Package for $75. This allows you to attend any four Aikido, Youth Aikido, or Mugai Ryu classes in our schedule and meet the instructors. Afterward you may become a full member. Purchase the Introductory Package now.
3) Shinbukan Kuroda Ryugi: participation in this program requires an application process and approval from the headmaster in Japan.
Please inquire by email to the Chicago Shinbukan group coordinator here.
4) Taijutsu: If you are interested specifically in this class, please email the instructor directly here.
5) You do not need a uniform when you first begin...comfortable work-out clothes are fine (no shorts please). We do not sell uniforms,
but can recommend sources for purchasing them when you are ready.
HOW MEMBERSHIP WORKS:
Members pay a monthly dues to support our community. Dues are paid month-to-month: no advance payments are required.
The minimum membership is 6 months. 1 year memberships are discounted.
Dues are not a fee for classes, but support our community's existence. Members pay dues whether they attend class or not.
Dues are non-refundable. If you wish to cancel your membership, you may do so in person at any time after your initial 6 months
(or 1 year).
US Military personnel, veterans and public servant (full-time LEO, fire) dues are discounted.
Student (high school, full-time undergrad or graduate) dues are discounted.